Saturday, June 20, 2015

48HBC: The Starting Line

I think this is my third year participating in Motherreader's 48 Hour Book Challenge and, once again, it has fallen on a tough weekend for me. But, I will try to read for at least 12 hours.

We had an after-hours event at my library last night, so I didn't get out of work until 11 p.m. I'm considering that my start time (Friday, 6/19, 11 p.m.), so I'll finish up on Sunday evening at 11 p.m. So far, I've mostly managed time with my audiobook (commuting home from work and then a 6 mile run this morning). I'm hoping to devote the rest of the afternoon and evening, as well as all of tomorrow to reading.

In my stack for the challenge (my extremely ambitious stack, I might add):
A Million Suns by Beth Revis
Uprooted by Naomi Novik
Firefly Hollow by Allison McGhee
Dream a Little Dream by Kerstin Gier
The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey

Plus, I've got lots of digital ARCS calling my name. We shall see how I progress! Good luck to all other participants!

2 comments:

  1. I hope it's going well! And I hope Uprooted is good-I'm looking forward to it, and want to keep hearing good things about it.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year was pretty much a bust for me. I managed to start Uprooted in my last hour and I'm enjoying it so far. Eager to see where the story will go!

      Delete