Monday, June 22, 2015

48HBC: Finish Line

Well, this year's 48 Hour Book Challenge was a pretty big failure for me. It was already not a great weekend for me (with an after-hours event at the library on Friday night and my anniversary on Sunday), but it got worse on Saturday when we discovered we have one month to find a new place to live. That pretty much killed any momentum I might have had for the weekend and I struggled to find energy to do much of anything, including read. So, here are my extremely paltry stats for this year.

Time spent reading: 9 hours, 32 mins (1 hour, 47 minutes with an audiobook)
Social media time: 22 minutes
Pages read: 527 (60 from my audiobook)
Books: A Million Suns by Beth Revis (finished), The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins, The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey, A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty (audiobook in progress), Uprooted by Naomi Novik

Really not a good showing for me. Despite over nine hours of reading, I only finished one book and barely made progress in any of the others. And with my grand total just under 10 hours, I didn't even make the minimum time. Unfortunately, this weekend has just been a disaster. Here's hoping next year will be much better!

2 comments:

  1. Please, don't worry. Sometimes - um, often - life gets in the way of reading. So glad that you joined in anyway. Thanks for being part of the 48HBC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not worried, just disappointed. I was really looking forward to a weekend of reading and clearing some titles out of my TBR!

      Delete