Sunday, June 8, 2014

48HBC - Update the First

I intended to write the first update last night before I collapsed from exhaustion, but the Blogger app just frustrates me and I didn't have enough energy to turn on my computer. So, I'm updating now.

I'm officially 29 hours into my 48 and my stats are pretty sad. Yesterday at work was indeed crazy - I didn't even sit down for four hours straight! And it was completely exhausting, so I didn't stay awake as late as I would have liked last night. Here is what I have managed:

Time spent reading: 3 hours, 3 minutes
Pages: 264
Time spent listening to audiobook: 2 hours, 5 minutes (and counting - I'm listening as I write this!)
Books completed: 1

I finished Nightingale's Nest yesterday. I'm not sure how I really feel about it. I'd heard such lofty praise, so my expectations were pretty high. I don't think the book really lived up to those expectations for me. I kept expecting something more. It was an interesting enough book, but not one I think is going to stick with me. It does fit the diverse theme - Gayle is pictured on the cover with brown skin and is briefly described likewise. I'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts on this one.

Hope everyone's reading is going well! Today I plan to buckle down and do nothing else but read! 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are having fun reading now! I wish I had more audio books this time.

    ReplyDelete