Saturday, June 7, 2014

48HBC - It is time!

The weekend of the 48-Hour Book Challenge is upon us! I am getting a late start to the challenge so as to maximize my reading time on Sunday, the only day I am not working during the challenge. So, I'm officially kicking off at 7am Saturday morning.

As I mentioned, I'll be working all day today. We are having our big summer reading kick-off, so I don't imagine I'll get much reading done these first 8ish hours. But I have no plans after I am free from work, so hopefully I'll make up some time then!

Here is a peek at the books I hope to tackle this weekend. I have others if I finish with these, but, honestly, that doesn't seem too likely.
Nightingale's Nest, She Is Not Invisible, Girl in Reverse, Cleopatra in Space

Good luck fellow readers, and enjoy your diverse book choices!

8 comments:

  1. Have seen Nightingale's Nest mentioned so much that I might have to read it. I can't imagine how any reading would occur during your day today. I just hope you survive to collapse in a pile at the end of the day with a book draped over your face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only reading I managed at work was on my lunch break. The day was so exhausting that I could only manage a couple hours after before I had to get some sleep!

      Delete
  2. I really want to read Girl in Reverse. Your stack looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really hoping to get to it later today

      Delete
  3. Hope your summer reading kick-off went great! My library started our program today as well, and I'm looking forward to a quiet night of reading! Your books all sound great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our kick-off was a huge success, even more than we anticipated! Hope yours went well, too!

      Delete
  4. Cleopatra in Space--is that a graphic novel? What a great title!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a graphic novel - first in a series too! It was pretty cute.

      Delete