Monday, February 24, 2014

Review: Fortunately, the Milk


Fortunately, the Milk
By Neil Gaiman, illustrated by Skottie Young
Published 2013 by HarperCollins

What happens when a father goes out to buy milk one morning? In the hands of Neil Gaiman, something extraordinary.

When I discovered this book was coming out, I basically had a heart attack. Well, that might be an exaggeration. But, I do adore Neil Gaiman and absolutely loved the sound of it. I ordered it for my library and had my name on the holds list for it months in advance. I could not wait for it to arrive.

This book is absolutely a delight. I loved everything about it. It took me less than an hour to read from start to finish and I regretted that as soon as I put it down. Because this book is just so darn charming. It is fun and funny, full of adventure and heart and unbelievable things and, most importantly, milk. It is what I expected from a genius like Gaiman and so much more. It is begging to have a permanent spot of my shelf and I can't wait to read it aloud to my children someday. I'm not sure how much more I can say about this book. It's a perfect read in every way. The illustrations suit they story wonderfully. I love everything about this. Just go read it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment