Saturday, February 1, 2014

Picture Book Saturday


Naughty Kitty
By Adam Stower
Published 2012 by Templar Books
Like Silly Doggy, I love the silliness and adorableness that is this book. Absolutely perfect for a storytime crowd, I just find this book toothachingly sweet - in a good way. The illustrations are so charming and the humor is spot on for the preschool crowd. Charming - a winner for me.




Secret Pizza Party
By Adam Rubin, illustrated by Daniel Salmieri
Published 2013 by Dial
Another picture book that all of my colleagues and I fell in love with. This book has the perfect amount of oddball humor and just works so well that it's impossible to not enjoy. This definitely has high appeal for preschoolers and early elementary age kids (and, apparently, twenty to thirtysomething adults) - it's got the right blend of silly and sophisticated humor. Illustrations suit the story perfectly - I just love this one. Oh, and I just now noticed that the title is written in slices of pizza - even more perfect!



Elecopter
By Michael Slack
Published 2013 by Henry Holt and Co.
I feel like this was an interesting idea, just executed a bit boringly. Honestly, I'm not sure why there hasn't been a book like this already, but perhaps my lack of enthusiasm for this one speaks to the reason. I wanted to like it because the elephant is just so earnest, but overall, I was underwhelmed. Maybe I don't do enough toddler storytimes to see the appeal of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment