Saturday, January 4, 2014

Picture Book Saturday


Windblown
By Edouard Manceau
Published 2013 by Owlkids Books
I feel like I'm the only youth librarian on the planet that wasn't completely enamored by this book. In fact, we just had a resource-sharing event with local librarians at my library and no less than a handful of them talked about using this book in storytime. Yes, I completely get that it has a built-in activity for it. However, that doesn't make it a good book. I think if I were a kid, I just wouldn't get this. But, like I said, I seem to be in the minority here.


Crafty Chloe
By Kelly DiPucchio, illustrated by Heather Ross
Published 2012 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers
Chloe is nearly heartbroken when she discovers that someone else has the same idea for a gift for their friend Emma. So, Chloe decides that she will make Emma something, a one-of-a-kind gift. Only, it turns out crafting isn't as easy as she thought. This is a pretty charming little book, one that I think will definitely inspire some kids to get crafting on their own after they finish reading. A very cute story.



Millie and the Big Rescue
By Alexander Steffensmeier

Published 2013 by Walker Childrens
The beloved Millie the cow is back in another adventure. This time, Millie and her friends play hide and seek. But what happens when Millie gets stuck in her hiding spot? Who will come to her rescue? A fun story, I think what I like most about this book (and the first) is just how sweet the illustrations are. Millie looks like a cow I'd want to be friends with. She just looks so good-natured. I think kids will like the silliness of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment