Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Looking Ahead...

This is probably my favorite post all year because I get to share the books I'm most excited about in the coming year. I know a lot of other blogs do a weekly feature highlighting books they're looking forward to; I wonder if I should as well!

Anyway, here are the things I can't wait for in 2014!

Series books:

Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor: um, YES. I want this book now. I follow Laini on Twitter and she remarked that she had to change the ink cartridge in her printer twice while printing the manuscript of this. That means a behemoth read and I am looking forward to every page. (Expected publication April 8, 2014)

The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan: I haven't reviewed book four yet, but let me just say that I am eagerly awaiting the conclusion of this series. I can't wait to see how the Prophecy ultimately plays out. (Expected publication October 7, 2014)

Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo: I hope this series is getting read by lots of teens. I think it's fantastically interesting and I think Bardugo's conclusion is going to blow us all away. (Expected publication June 3, 2014)

Untitled (Raven Cycle, book three) by Maggie Stiefvater: I may have liked The Dream Thieves even better than the first book and I will follow Maggie wherever she cares to take this series. So imaginative, with characters that I actually care about. (Expected publication likely fall 2014)

Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray: I really loved the creepiness and the setting of The Diviners so I am definitely looking forward to seeing where this series is going to go. (Expected publication August 5, 2014)

Ruins by Dan Wells: this is another series that I'm not sure is getting the attention it deserves. Kira is a total kick-butt heroine and I loved the developments in book two. Very much looking forward to the conclusion. (Expected publication March 11, 2014)

Burn by Julianna Baggott: not exactly a children's/teen title (though the first in the series did win an Alex Award), but this series is so unique and absolutely fascinating. How will Partridge and Pressia's stories end? (Expected publication February 4, 2014)

Clariel by Garth Nix: I've no idea if this is actually expected in 2014 but I will anticipate it eagerly from now until its publication regardless. The Abhorsen series was one of the first that reignited my love for children's/YA literature and helped guide me to my career. Needless to say, I NEED THIS BOOK. (Expected publication September 2014)

Undivided by Neal Shusterman: how will it all end??? (Expected publication summer 2014)

Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan: no, I didn't love book two, but I'm hoping that Sarah saved up all the awesome for book three. (Expected publication 2014)

Standalones/new series:

Uninvited by Sophie Jordan: a girl is ostracized when it's discovered that she has a homicidal tendency gene. Um, maybe I shouldn't admit this but I loved The Minority Report so I am all about a YA book version. (Expected publication January 28, 2014)

The Young Elites by Marie Lu: a new series from Lu??? REJOICE! Also, it's set in a Renaissance-like world - huzzah! (Expected publication fall 2014)

White Space by Ilsa J. Bick: so I've only read one of Bick's books and I didn't love it, but I'm hopeful that this story of a girl who can jump into the white space in books - where worlds are created and destroyed - will be more up my alley. (Expected publication February 11, 2014)

Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Reese Brennan: A Tale of Two Cities retelling with magic? By Sarah Rees Brennan? TAKE MY MONEY PLEASE. (Expected publication 2014)

The Inventor's Secret by Andrea Cremer: an author I've never read before but a steampunk alternate history in which the Revolutionary War never happened? Yes, I will give that a shot. (Expected publication April 22, 2014)

Plus One by Elizabeth Fama: I was a huge and surprise fan of Monstrous Beauty and Fama's new book sounds awesome: alternate history of the aftermath of the Spanish flu pandemic of 1918. I imagine gorgeous writing and excellent setting. (Expected publication April 8, 2014)

Pointe by Brandy Colbert: an elite ballerina who was somehow involved in her best friend's disappearance. What happens when he shows up, four years later? Sounds like it could be a good thriller. (Expected publication April 10, 2014)

Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman: a story about Adolf Hitler's niece and the questions she uncovers. This has a ton of potential, I think. Really hoping it's good. (Expected publication April 22, 2014)

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart: this book is already blowing up my Twitter feed, so I'm definitely anticipating it. Apparently, the less you know, the better. (Expected publication May 13, 2014)

Anything else I absolutely must have on my radar? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment