Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Review: An Annoying ABC

An Annoying ABC
By Barbara Bottner, illustrated by Michael Emberley
Expected publication September 13, 2011 by Random House Children's Books

I think the title here is a misnomer. The ABC itself isn't annoying, at least, not to the reader, which is what I was expecting. This is a little alphabet book where the ABC's are represented by a classroom full of children who annoy each other in various ways. I suppose it's a cute little idea, but I didn't really find it that entertaining. I did enjoy the nice variety of names and the illustrations of the kids show a nice diversity. For me, the illustrations are the best part of this book - they are cute and whimsical, lovely to look at and just more fun than the story itself.

Thanks to the publisher for an advance reader's copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment